Choosing a suitable shower may be hard for some homeowners. You want your shower wall to be durable and high-quality and affordable at the same time. With effective planning and effort, that’s possible. One of the best shower replacement contractors in the area is here to help you choose the best shower wall material for your bathroom. In this post, Total Bath Systems LuxStone of Connecticut discusses the pros and cons of popular shower wall materials.
Acrylic is a well-known functional shower material. If you like a shower material that you can buy without hurting the pocketbook, opt for acrylic.
- It lasts for about 10 years without the need for much maintenance.
- Inexpensive, good for an affordable bathroom renovation project.
- It’s a great alternative to actual brick or natural stones.
- It’s easy to install and can save you more on labor costs.
- It is lacking when it comes to toughness.
- When it’s damaged, it’s irreparable and requires a replacement.
Ceramic tile is also a popular shower wall option among homeowners and shower installation companies.
- You can choose from a wide variety of designs, colors, and styles with ceramic tiles.
- Ceramic tiles offer a more unique and aesthetic look for your shower.
- It’s very durable, tough, and highly resistant to trauma.
- Inexpensive and a viable material, too.
- Among other tile materials for showers, ceramic is the most susceptible to damage.
- Ceramic tiles are prone to mold and mildew build-up.
Glass tiles are known to be a high-end material. They are also good for their reflectiveness that can make a bathroom look bigger.
- Glass tiles last long, especially if properly maintained.
- Also available in a variety of colors and designs.
- Can be susceptible to cracking if not polished properly.
- Their installation can be costly because each tile should be cut and trimmed.
Are you looking for a reliable contractor? Total Bath Systems LuxStone of Connecticut is one of the area’s most trusted bathroom conversion companies. We also offer quality LuxStone shower systems installation and maintenance. Call us at (860) 410-6950 or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.